Heeeellllooooo!! Are you so dang ready for a holiday? Me, too. This has been one of those sorta rough weeks in genetics land. Most days, I do what I do without too much thought about it, hoping I do a good job, hoping I’m not too much of a downer but at the same time not too optimistic either. Usually, I easily leave work behind, but sometimes, sometimes it creeps home. Sometimes it just plain smacks you right in the face. Genes are scary things, that’s for sure.
But enough about that, for now. Sometimes faith, in any form, is all you have.
Meanwhile, I found a few links to share with you, so check these out. I even listed some recipe suggestions for the 4th.
- Some reviews just crack me the f up. How rude!
- Just re-found this site and am super stoked about this salmon recipe. It seems anything with avocado is a go for me🙂.
- I found another food blog to add to my reader. I like when that happens!
- Checked out another restaurant on my “to eat” list last weekend, and going here tonight! Thanks for visiting, Charles + Kristy!
- Bon Appetit has published a San Francisco dining guide. Not bad, actually, but please, don’t you dare call it “San Fran”. That’s just lame.
- Chris upgraded to the new iPad this week, which means I inherited his and still have no idea what to do with it. For starters, I’m totally addicted to Flipboard. What other things should I use it for?
- If I had a backyard of my own, I’d totally put these up. Fab.
Last but certainly not least, it’s grill time next week for the 4th of July! Sadly, it falls in the middle of the week, but I try not to complain about a day off, anywhere I can get it. Here’s a few recipes from my site that are definitely 4th-worthy:
- Beef Burgers with Peanut-Chipotle BBQ sauce
- Indian-Spiced Lamb Burgers with Yogurt-Mint sauce
- Roasted Poblano & Bison Burgers with Pickled Onions & Chipotle Cream
- Lemon Blueberry Buckle
- Gramma’s Sugared Strawberries (perfect with anything, I swear!)
- Sriracha Chex Mix
- Tequila-Lime Caramel Corn
And to spread the wealth a little bit, here’s a few more recipes from around the blogosphere:
- Tara’s Poblano Chilies Stuffed with Corn
- Tracy’s Mexican Popcorn (which may or may not show up at our party!)
- Teri & Jenny’s Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- Deb’s Triple Berry Summer Buttermilk Bundt (look at that glaze!)
- Lisa’s Blueberry Fried Pies
- Tim’s Blueberry Boy Bait
Until next week, friends! Drive safe, and eat a lot of crap🙂.