Howdy, pardners. It’s linky dinky time again.
Also, aren’t these chanterelle ‘shrooms so dang pretty? I made a fancy dish for newly married Liz & Kevin last weekend, and pickled chanterelles were one of the main dish components. Also a super tasty fresh corn curry sauce. YUM.
- We’re heading to Portland, Oregon in a couple of weeks to meet up with Jennifer & Jon! Where should we go to eat? I already have a few places in mind, and ice cream is for sure on the list. Also, drinks. Which reminds me – my clothing is so not hipster enough for Portland. I gotta get on that.
- One day, we’ll get to Hawaii, and when we do, we are totally driving this.
- Apparently Saveur magazine has a crap-ton of horchata recipes (how do I know? duh. Pinterest.) and I’m digging the classic one and this one.
- Heidi, all of your recipes look so dang tasty. And I barely even know what a sunchoke is….
- A couple of weeks ago when Todd was in town, I printed out the Eater SF Big Eat list for 2012, the 100 not-to-miss dishes of this year. Sadly, I have a lot to try. Or gladly? That week alone though, I knocked off the morning bun at Tartine AND the custard french toast at Nopa. And this week? The not necessarily the 3-course prix fixe at Cotagna, but a mighty fine meal nonetheless. Delish.
- Last week, we FINALLY booked our vacation trip. This is where we’re going this year, and I am waaaay excited. Tips and recommendations are welcome. Don’t be shy.
- The photo above? The Sutro Baths at Lands’ End. I’m in the process, albeit very slowly, of making a San Francisco travel page, and this is for sure going there. We tried to catch the full moon, but couldn’t push through to 11 pm. We settled instead for dinner and a sunset. Woh woh.
- The photo below? Lamb Jam 2012. We went last year when Brad was in town, and this year with Todd. Both were awesome. I ate a. lot. of. lamb.
- Oh, and do you Instagram? I need to follow more folks, so share your ‘handle’ if you do. Mine, no surprise, is chiknpastry. Duh.